We Are Micropreneurs
Total Sprinkler & Lighting is structured to be a small business which allows us to focus earnestly on work that we love to do while providing a balanced lifestyle for our team. Micropreneurs value quality and hold their work to high standards. It means when we meet with you about your project we're genuinely interested in you.
And it makes us truly local. Every aspect of the business is done in-house, from lighting design to sprinkler installation, web design to weekly payroll. It all gets done by our team. We use small business vendors from our Central Florida community and base nearly every decision on what we can do for the environment and for our neighbors.
Our success is due not only to the quality of our work but also our attitude and the way we treat our clients.
Certified Irrigation Contractor
Ron is a founding partner of Total Sprinkler and Lighting. He is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich junkie and obsessively passionate about canines. He is also a Certified Irrigation Contractor and Landscape Lighting Designer.
Landscaping Lighting Designer
Jessica is a founding partner of Total Sprinkler and Lighting. She is a life long tree-hugger, thinks cows are just really big dogs, and is convinced she can build a house from the ground up. She is a Certified Accounting Specialist and Landscape Lighting Designer.
Charlie & Kono
Client Engagement Specialists
Charlie (right) is the oldest of the resident pups. She enjoys sunbathing and a good game of fetch. Kono (left) is the new kid on the block. When she isn't playing with her favorite duck toy she can be found sleeping in the walk-in shower.
We're Not Just Talk
Part of what we love about having a micropreneurial business is the opportunity it presents for real action.
It is our ultimate goal to provide local grass-roots organizations with the support they need through donations of time and funds so that they may continue the essential work of reducing pollution and protecting climate, food, land, water, and wildlife.
8 Ways Total Sprinkler & Lighting is Helping the Environment
1. Every item that has the opportunity to be recycled is done so in the proper manner. Those items that cannot be recycled or cannot be produced from a sustainable source are avoided or excluded.
2. Plastic is prohibited except where unavoidable. In areas where it must be used, as in irrigation systems, spent plastic is recycled. All irrigation piping and parts are shipped to a facility in Tampa where they are broken down and sent back to manufacturers to re-enter the supply chain. This creates a closed loop system and keeps plastic (and microplastic) out of our landfills, waterways, and ultimately our oceans.
3. Water conserving irrigation products, such as low-flow nozzles and rain sensors, are used on all irrigation systems unless otherwise requested.
4. Company vehicles are eco-rated and maintained properly to reduce pollution.
5. Florida-Friendly Landscaping (FFL) and Right Plant, Right Place initiatives are followed on all projects. Preference is given to plants which are beneficial to pollinators or act as food or habitat resources for wildlife.
6. All worksites are swept twice. No trash or litter is left behind. Ever.
7. Our team contributes their time and energy to local organizations who need support and assistance with projects throughout the community.
8. We proudly contribute one percent of our annual revenues in support of environmental organizations making proven changes in the areas of water quality, wildlife rehabilitation, and conservation. You can read more about our efforts here.